Getting close to my first plugin release.
Testing has started and I need to be able to fix issues related with different hosts.
The problem is I can’t afford getting a license for every host there is (yet).
So I am hoping that (at least) some of the DAW makers out there do provide free licenses for developers?
I realise some of this information might not be exactly marketed, so please feel free to PM me, if you would like to share your experience, but don’t want that to be public.
As usual - I am grateful for your help.
Just to help everyone that is a step behind on this:
- Avid will take care of your licensing for testing purposes - can’t share anything specific about it (because of the NDA), but you should register as developer with them and go through their support materials.
- PreSonus were the fastestest to respond. They’ve sent me an NFR license for Studio One on the same day I wrote to them;
- FL Studio’s Image Line were very responsive and provided me with an NFR license within a day;
- Bitwig has a demo version, but you will not be able to export or save and reload a project - so no offline rendering and plugin state testing can be done with it;
- Ableton Live has a Lite version coming as a freebie with some hardware products - I got mine with a Novation midi keyboard. There is a 30-day trial of the regular Live (this sounds weird ), that can also be used.
- Steinberg denied my request for an NFR license for Cubase (after almost a month without a word on that).
- Propellerhead also didn’t provide an NFR license for Reason (they said they are going to provide one only AFTER I release… hm…)
I hope this is helpful to others.