Windows - AeroEffects on Juce Window

Hi…

I created an app using the JUCE api… when running it on windows7, i dont get the Effect of Aero Shake…
Any Help Regarding this…

Thanks in Advance…
Dinesh

I have the same issue, I’m just trying to make my application handling the Aero Snap (Windows key + arrows) commands…

I’ll let you know if I managed to do that.

/Phil

I think those things will only happen if you use a window with a native title bar

Yes exactly. It works perfectly with the Introjucer, but I’m usually using a custom title bar and I would still benefit from Aero functionalities :wink:

Actually pushing Windows Key + Up arrow put the window in full screen, but the fullScreen member of HWNDComponentPeer goes out of sync with the real window status because this is only managed by the title bar button… I changed the code to take care about that in order to avoid overriding the lastNonFullScreenBounds member when the full screen is requested via the windows messaging, so it’s now possible to go out of full screen and restore the previous window pos by clicking on the title bar button, but it doesn’t work by pressing Windows + Down arrow… still wondering why :roll:

Anyway, it’s not crucial. Just an evening challenge :wink:

Yes, As Jules said, it all depends on the Title Bar of the Window… I set the Window to use the Native title Bar… Everything is working fine but now the issue is with the look and feel of our App.

our Application has tabs, and now that we have set it to use the native title bar we are trying to make it look like that of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox…(Withe tabs on the Non - Client Region)…

using the DWM Functions and handlling the WM_NCPAINT and WN_NCACTIVATE message in juce_win32_Windowing.cpp, We were able to extend the title bar, onto which the juce::Component has to be drawn.

But Drawing the juce::Component onto the title bar region, it is not drawing it properly… May be some trouble with the Transparency mixing Issue… (please refer the attached image)…

[attachment=0]testApp.png[/attachment]

Any Help on what can be done, or anything wrong that Im doing…

p.s. As per article http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/15770/Vista-Goodies-in-C-Using-Glass-in-Your-UI, it is mentioned that on the glass, the components should be drawn with opaque background… and now im not sure of how to acheive it… Thanks in Advance…

Dinesh M