Windows task bar and minimize group

1, when create and display a modal window, the window will be appears on taskbar, right-click, pop-up menu, select "Minimize group ", modal window disappears. just like close it. is a BUG?

2, how to make window does not appear on taskbar? such as dialog window…etc… Except the main program window. I have tried let windowStyleFlags as:

ComponentPeer:: windowAppearsOnTaskbar & ComponentPeer:: windowHasTitleBar | ComponentPeer:: windowHasDropShadow

But no effect.

Thanks!

If you don’t want it to appear on the taskbar, then you shouldn’t be setting the ComponentPeer:: windowAppearsOnTaskbar flag (…?)

So fast… :smiley:

Setting or not, are the same, no effect …

code :[code]
class PopupWindow:public DocumentWindow
{
public:
PopupWindow():DocumentWindow(L"popupWindow", Colours::lightblue, DocumentWindow::allButtons)
{
setTitleBarHeight(23);
}

void closeButtonPressed()	
{
	setVisible(false); 
}

// void addToDesktop (int windowStyleFlags, void* nativeWindowToAttachTo = 0)
// {
// windowStyleFlags = (/*ComponentPeer:: windowAppearsOnTaskbar & */ComponentPeer::windowHasTitleBar | ComponentPeer::windowHasDropShadow);
// }
};[/code]

Sorry, I don’t really understand what you’re going for there…

JUCE-Demo also have this problem.
when create and display a modal window, the window will be appears on taskbar, right-click, pop-up menu, select "Minimize group ", modal window disappears…

…then… I want to know how to make window does not appear on taskbar…May be able to solve this problem…

It sounds pretty reasonable to me that you can minimise a window…?

And if you don’t want a window on the taskbar, either use addToDesktop without that flag, or override the TopLevelWindow::getDesktopWindowStyleFlags to not return that flag.

yes, jules.
on taskbar,right-click on this app, will pop-up OS menu, can select “Minimize group”…

look this:

solved!
Thanks Jules~~

code:

[code]class PopupWindow:public DocumentWindow
{
public:
PopupWindow():DocumentWindow(L"popupWindow", Colours::lightblue, DocumentWindow::allButtons)
{
setTitleBarHeight(23);
}

void closeButtonPressed()	
{
	setVisible(false); 
}

int getDesktopWindowStyleFlags() const
{
	return 0;
}

};[/code]