Xcode Subprojects not recognized

I was trying to add a subproject to my project using the ProJucer, but it has no effect at all and fails silently. Am i missing something here ?

0 Likes

Well, how are you filling the Projucer field in? Could you provide the subproject that’s failing to be embedded? What libraries or frameworks does the embedded project produce?

0 Likes

The subproject produces a static library, it’s generated with the CMake Xcode project generator.

I just entered the relative path (relative to the generated main Xcode project, like anything else in the ProJucer) into the “Xcode Subprojects” field in the iOS exporter menu. It points to the .xcodeproj file.

The subproject builds fine on its own, and if i drag it directly into xcode, it works just as well.

0 Likes

If you compile the Projucer yourself you should be able to step through the code using the debugger to find out why it’s not working. Add a breakpoint in addSubprojects() in jucer_ProjectExport_Xcode.h, then resave the Projucer project.

It’s working OK for me, but it’s also a relatively new addition so maybe there’s a particular configuration of a subproject that misbehaves.

0 Likes