Xcode3 can't load Introjucer projects

atom@anus:~/devel/ctrlrv4/nightly/Builds/Generated/Mac/Standalone]$ xcodebuild -configuration Release_Nightly
2013-01-23 23:07:11.474 xcodebuild[317:80b] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
2013-01-23 23:07:11.498 xcodebuild[317:80b] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
2013-01-23 23:07:11.502 xcodebuild[317:80b] Unexpected character / at line 1
xcodebuild: Error: couldn't load project /Users/atom/devel/ctrlrv4/nightly/Builds/Generated/Mac/Standalone/Ctrlr_Standalone.xcodeproj

The same goes for the GUI version it says it can’t load the .xcodeproj file.

Well, the obvious answer is to use XCode4 :slight_smile: … the newest version is really quite good (and you can still keep a copy of XCode3 around).

oh no!, this is really bad news, i was so happy that i found a XCode 3 configuration that allowed to build working VSTs and AUs with 10.5 /10.6/10.7/10.8. (And that involved much testing!)
Is XCode3 compatible with 10.7 and 10.8?

You must be joking, Xcode4 is the worse piece of software i’ve seen for a long time it’s on top of the list along with Oracle VM and Symbian. I’m trying to do builds compatible at least with 10.5 and XCode3 is happy to do them for me, i had no problems so far with it, and Introjucer played nice.

Well I didn’t knowingly break anything… If you can somehow track down exactly what it is that Xcode 3 doesn’t like, it might be simple enough to sort out, but Xcode 3 is rapidly slipping down my list of “things I give a fuck about”…

I’ll try, and i’m not blaming anyone, the fact i think XCode4 is a piece of shit is my personal opinion nothing else.

This affects latest XCode4 too (i just migrated since Jules is starting to leave it)

Anyway, the issue is in the: “Binary Location” property for the XCode exporter, i had it set to

../../Bin/Standalone/$(NATIVE_ARCH)

But you can’t add any () variables there is i remove it the project loads fine, any () expansion macro and it fails to load saying the project parser is failing.

Also i need to use GCC for my project (LLVM does not like luabind/boost mix) and the Introjucer has two options “Default” or “LLVM” when both select LLVM, is there a way to force GCC ?