Jump to definition not working XCode 15.3

Hi, anyone else having problems with this?

Tried the usual of cleaning down all build folders, deleting derived data and then rebuilding everything - this normally works but not having any luck.

thx

1 Like

Additionally, when I first installed XCode 15 I saw that it was greying out #if blocks that weren’t compiled, but it’s no longer doing this either

Use CLion? you won’t look back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting, just upgraded to Sonama 14.4 and all working again… can’t believe that’s what’s sorted it, but…

1 Like

not enough time in life to learn a new env at my age :smiley:

1 Like

Yes - I reverted to my backup of 15.2

Rail

2 Likes

interesting - good to know. as said tho, 15.3 works fine on Sonoma 14.4

Also had this issue and had to revert back to 15.2. Syntax colouring, jump to definition, autocomplete did not work for any JUCE plugin project. Even brand new JUCE plugin projects. Upgrading to Sonoma 14.4 did not solve the issue.

3 Likes

Same here. 15.3 seems broken. No indexing, no auto completion. Had to revert to Xcode 15.2 to make everything work again.

2 Likes

I’m on 14.4 and had the issue with one of my projects - but not another… reverting to 15.2 fixed it.

Rail

2 Likes

I should add that non-plugin JUCE projects work fine for me. (Command line app, desktop app, etc). It’s just plugin projects that are broken with 15.3

1 Like

Just to add more interesting tidbit, our projects still use Projucer but we maintain CMake alongside.

The CMake project works, so this is something in the Projucer exporter that is different/got broken with latest Xcode 15.3…

2 Likes

More follow-up,
I’ve found this closed issue on CMake (sadly it was resolved from Apple’s side). But there’s an interesting flag for logging indexing…

defaults write com.apple.dt.Xcode IDEIndexShowLog -bool YES

It seems to be stuck somehow…

(log has nothing created / not progress or stuck indication)
Hope I’ll be able to find deeper explanation to what went wrong.

I had the same problem, but I didn’t have this problem when I opened the sample project that came with juce

1 Like

I’ve had no luck after updating to Sonoma 14.4, I aslo tried cleaning build folders, deleting the xcode derivied data and rebuilding from the projucer without any fix to the project

1 Like

that sropped working for me also - only reliable solution was to downgrade to xcode 15.2

4 Likes

Update on this – everything does seem to be working on a new projucer project I started working on today, with xcode 15.3 and Sonoma 14.4 and projucer built with the latest Juce rease (i think 7.10.0 ?).

Also cmake juce projects are working fine.

Older projects from the projucer are still not working though (have deleted the whole build folder and deleted the derived data in Library/Developer)

EDIT: actually I had a play around with new projects and it seems to be a problem only with “Audio plug-in” project types in the projucer - from what ive tested indexing is failing (or spinning) for all new or existing audio plugin projects - but working normally for all “GUI app” and “Console App” projects that Ive tested

I’m seeing similar behavior,
A new AudioPlugin (from Jucer wizard) won’t index, the CMake AudioPlugin (from JUCE CMake examples) works of course but the diffing isn’t that simple between the two.

I have odd scenario where sometimes after fiddling I get indexing to work until resaved by Projucer.
But I’ve yet to figure out what I’ve invalidated to “kick it in”.

I’ve submitted Apple an issue as FB13702565,
Running Xcode with more debug logging shows some oddities:
SOURCEKIT_LOGGING=3 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode &> ~/Documents/xcode2.log

I didn’t go thru the entire process but this seems useful for debugging some indexing issues:

3 Likes

+1

New projucer (audio plugin) projects not indexing on xcode. This really slows down development, since there is no autocompletion, jump to definition, etc.

It doesnt appear there is a project level setting anywhere for indexing, so it must be that projucer is doing for audio plugin projects that xcode doesn’t like which (somehow) breaks indexing.

1 Like