Anyone running the XCode 10 beta?

Hi, any experiences to share?

thx

Not being able to compile 32-bit binaries means I’m not going to be using it for the foreseeable future. I’m not convinced my customers are ready for me to force that change on them.

1 Like

ok, that’s a biggie!

I tried building something that didn’t have any errors in xcode 9, it found some (related to the register keyword). When I clicked on the errors, it wouldn’t display the line of code causing the error, and appeared to freeze. I’m sticking with Xcode 9.4.1 for now.

1 Like

Yeah, looks like I will be for some time as I still need to build 32-bit. Xcode 9.4.1 crashes a couple of times a day for me, and the error reporting is so bad, but that’s better than no 64-bit.

I hope they’re not going to force us to install 10, or allow 9 and 10 to run side by side then.

they both work fine side by side. you need to use that terminal command to control which Xcode opens by default tho when you click “save and open in IDE” in ProJucer

1 Like

thx

so did 8 and 9 when 9 was in beta - as soon as 9 was released though it upgraded 9 beta to 9 release and removed 8. I didn’t actually check whether it was possible to install 8 again as I didn’t need it, but this time it sounds like we’re going to need to keep both around.

I’m having a hell of a time figuring out why I can’t get ANY juce projects to work in the new betas. Even a new, clean project won’t build because it can’t find the juce headers, while everything works perfectly in 9.4.1.