1.16 and new plugin framework

Version 1.16 is up there now for your perusal. Not a huge number of new features, as I’ve been doing plugin stuff recently, but there’s a bunch of important fixes in there.

Also the latest plugin framework, with better host support, including renoise, sonar, pyramix.

Details + changes all on the website front page:

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com

On OS X I am looking for the definition of DEBUG or NDEBUG in the project/target settings and can’t find it. Where is it hiding, I want to use the same way of setting it in my project.

thanks

on the mac, the project now creates two separate lib files for release and >debug: libjuce.a and libjucedebug.a. Unfortunately there’s no obvious way >of making an app link to the correct one depending on whether you’re >doing a debug build, so you’ll need to manually set the one you want in >your project.

There is a simple solution to this. Remove the libjuce/libjucedebug from the framework group in XCode.

In the “Other Linker Flags” property in the build setting add:

-ljuce

for deployment/release configuration

-ljucedebug

for development/debug configuration

and it works without any problem

Last thing to solve in the juce xcode project is to get rid of the “Uninstalled Products” folder under the bin folder. Instead the libraries should be in bin instead of just the aliases to them. I think the “Installation Build Products” is wrong since it is intended for install builds and not regular builds.

Yes, adding them to the linker options works, but it’s a bit of a mess to have some libraries in one list and others hidden away in the settings. Oh well, I guess it’s up to the user to choose how they do that.

The location of the intermediates is a global setting, isn’t it? On my machine they all get tucked away in some temp folder somewhere, not in the juce tree at all, which is quite neat really.

For normal frameworks it nice to see them in the project group since you can see also the header files but for juce lib its not that critical. If people want to still have it there then they should go for multiple target solution and in order to avoid double definitions they can use the project settings instead of target settings.

I didn’t mean the intermediates but to the fact that the libraries are created under bin/Uinstalled Proudcts and not under bin itself, only the alias is under bin. This is because to a mistake in some configuration.

Any clue where is the _DEBUG or NDEBUG defined for the juce debug configuration?

[quote=“ost12666”]
I didn’t mean the intermediates but to the fact that the libraries are created under bin/Uinstalled Proudcts and not under bin itself, only the alias is under bin. This is because to a mistake in some configuration.

Any clue where is the _DEBUG or NDEBUG defined for the juce debug configuration?[/quote]

I quite like the fact that they’re just aliases - is that causing you problems?

I moved all the configuration settings to be under the project settings rather than having some in the target settings. The macros are in some kind of preprocessor field.

no problem with the aliases, it links, but maybe if juce build fails the aliases remain?

I can’t find DEBUG or NDEBUG, I looked at target and project settings, which one is defined and where?

thanks

Those damn macros have gone… I definitely put them in. Bloody XCode must have lost them somehow.

Well they just go in the gcc preprocessor section.