4.3.0 AU fails to load on DSP Quattro

Hey,

My plugin’s AU version is working finely on Logic and Reaper, but fails to load on DSP Quattro. The error log is as follows:

[CAUPlugIn::Load] AudioComponentInstanceNew() OK

[CAUPlugIn::Load] checking mAUPlugIn

[CAUPlugIn::Load] mAUPlugIn OK

[CAUPlugIn::Load] setting sample rate: 44100.000000
ca_require: ValidFormat(inScope, inElement, newDesc) InvalidFormat ../../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/AU/CoreAudioUtilityClasses/AUBase.cpp:890

[CAUPlugIn::Load] componentResult: -10868

[CAUPlugIn::Load] setting max buffer sizes: 8192

[CAUPlugIn::Load] componentResult: 0

[CAUPlugIn::Load] calling SetupAudioUnitIO()

[CAUPlugIn::SetupAudioUnitIO] calling SetupAudioUnitNumOfIOChannels()

[CAUPlugIn::SetupAudioUnitIO] calling SetupAudioUnitNumOfIOChannels()

CAUPlugIn::SetupAudioUnitNumOfIOChannels(): theAUChannelInfo.inChannels = 2 - theAUChannelInfo.outChannels 2

CAUPlugIn::SetupAudioUnitNumOfIOChannels(): theAUChannelInfo.inChannels = 1 - theAUChannelInfo.outChannels 1

[CAUPlugIn::SetupAudioUnitIO] allocating temp buffers

[CAUPlugIn::SetupAudioUnitIO] SetupAudioUnitNumOfIOChannels() OK

[CAUPlugIn::SetupAudioUnitIO] calling kAudioUnitProperty_StreamFormat
ca_require: ValidFormat(inScope, inElement, newDesc) InvalidFormat ../../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/AU/CoreAudioUtilityClasses/AUBase.cpp:870

[CAUPlugIn::SetupAudioUnitIO] FAILED: error = -10868

Based on an older thread here, I tried switching between the new Multibus API and the static Plugin Channel Configuration, also switching the order of the channel configurations, but with little effect.

Any ideas what might be causing this? If there is golden nugget of information somewhere that I haven’t yet discovered, guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Olli

OK thanks for the heads up. I’ve fixed this on develop.

Thanks a lot fabian!

As a side question, I’ve been sticking with the master with my production build. In general, how safe do you regard the development branch being, can I just switch to it, or should I copy the commit?

Well a develop branch is a develop branch. Expect some bugs in newer features. But it also contains bug-fixes for some bugs that are on master. So it’s really your call. An alternative is to cherry-pick the bug-fixes you need from develop on to a master branch.