Absolutely stunning!

Jules, I just had to take a moment and tell you that this API is nothing short of amazing. wxWidgets was so archaic to me that I just couldn’t continue trying to learn it. I despise Gimp’s interface, so I couldn’t bring myself to try my hand at Gtk. On KDE, Qt looks great, but I haven’t seen it cross over to Windows and Mac.

This massive beast of an API, however, not only has a skinnable interface, but an interface which I frankly don’t often feel the desire to skin. It’s just pretty. It has yet, allowed me to begin developing all those cross-platform, skinnable apps that I’ve been wanting to do for far too long.

Beyond cross-platform capabilities, I must remark that the graphics capabilities in Juce are just short of divinity. I’ve created an app that has an animated skin with multiple layers of transparency. I’ve never heard of such a thing! Further, I haven’t even delved into the audio aspects and that is so much of what I want to use Juce for. I use EnergyXT and in the past I’ve used PD(Pure-Data), Jeskola Buzz and Psycle. I’d like to create an open-source, cross-platform, modular app killer and as I see it, this could only be possible with Juce.

With Juce, my ideas get to realize real existence on Linux, Mac and Windows. I’m just flabbergasted! But, such a masterpiece API allows little time to blabber about such things as this post has, so I must get back to jucing. I just wanted to let you know that your work is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

God bless,
Dave

Can’t argue with that!