Access violation in pluginhost?


#1

hello,

finally i got around updating to the new JUCE and encounter the following problem: the pluginhost project (reproducibly) generates an access violation error here:


the debugger shows this:


i was also wondering, why the JUCE project is still part of the pluginhost solution - shouldn’t the inclusion of juce_amalgamated obviate this? anyway, i had to toggle off the dependency of the pluginhost on the JUCE project in order to build it because otherwise i got the linker error with ‘multiple symbol definition’…something - which is pretty understandable: the linker finds the same symbols in the juce_static_debug.lib and juce_Library.obj (filenames are incorrect as i don’t have access to them right now, but you get what i mean).

dunno whether i am doing something wrong or this is indeed a bug - can someone enlighten me?

thanks in advance, robin


#2

That code is all defunct now - grab the tip and try again…


#3

thanks jules for your quick reply - so was is indeed a bug in juce? i always tend to look for the fault on my side first. and should i just grab the official .zip archive from sourceforge or will i need to download the svn repository with a svn client? i’m not so frequently hanging around here…so phrases like ‘grab the tip’ are not so familiar to me :oops:


#4

yes, by “grab the tip” (missus…) I do mean to grab the latest version from SVN…


#5

O.K. - will do that. …i’m just getting my head around all this SVN stuff and installed the tortoise client earlier this day. thanks for your attention.


#6

mmhh. with the new revision (514), i can’t compile the file juce_LibrarySource.cpp anymore: the compiler complains about ‘Byte: undeclared identifier’ in juce_amalgamated.cpp, line 221962. FYI: i commented out the quicktime support in the juce_Config.h as well as in the juce_amalgamated.h - don’t know if that info is relevant, but it’s the only change i made. i’m on VC2008 express, btw.