Access Virus sound ouput not available with latest JUCE

Hi Jules,

A customer contacted us saying that his Access Virus audio interface is no more listed as an audio output on Leopard. He has the latest drivers installed. We are using the latest juce_mac_CoreAudio.cpp code. I asked him to check with the latest jucedemo and the result is the same, the Virus can be used as a midi input, but the audio output is not listed in the menu of available soundcards, he only see the “Builtin Output” entry.

Note that he has no issue with the older, juce_mac_CoreAudio.cpp code, before the changes you made for Snow Leopard compatibility.

Do you have any idea of what could be wrong ? I don’t have a Virus so debugging might be very long.

Hmm. The only thing I can see that might have affected it is that there used to be some code that sat and waited for a device to update its sample rate when it was changed, and I took that out.

Can’t really see why that’d break anything though… If you wanted to try something, I’d suggest this in juce_mac_CoreAudio at line 510:

[code] int i = 5;
while (–i >= 0)
{
updateDetailsFromDevice();

if (sampleRate == newSampleRate && bufferSizeSamples == bufferSize)
                    break;

Thread::sleep (100);
            }

updateDetailsFromDevice();
            sampleRate = newSampleRate;
            bufferSize = bufferSizeSamples;

[/code]

If that worked, I guess a bit more digging would be needed to see why…

Hi Jules,

That did not work, unfortunately !

Ok, well I’m out of ideas…!