Accessing Multiple Audio Tracks from a Single Plug-in

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to write a plug-in that can sit on one track, but can access the audio in the other tracks of the session. Rather than putting an instance of the plug-in on each track and sharing the audio, is it possible to use just one plug-in to access all of the other audio data directly? Thanks.

As far as I am aware the only way to access data from other tracks in your plugin is to route them there in your host.

Yeah, it’s a host side problem.

Thanks for the replies. I assume you mean to bus them with sends that sum to a single track and then process there with a single plugin. Unfortunately this won't work for me, as I need to have access to the individual track audio (for example, to process each separately and compare the results). So if there is no way to do this from a single plugin, I guess we can try putting the plugin on each track and share some global data or something?

Yeah, you'd need to use some kind of cunning hack like that - there's no way to get any audio data except what the host decides to stream into your plugin.