I am new to the forum and thought I start my appearance here with a little help instruction for adding code completion for JUCE to the VS Code editor. I struggled with this and thought it might be helpful for people who are new to JUCE. Since I am on Linux and Codeblocks is the only IDE exporter option besides the make file I searched for an easy and nice alternative. For now I found it in VS Code with c++ extension installed. Here are the simple steps:
- Install ms-vscode.cpptools extension in VS Code:
- Go to the Extensions Menu: View → Extensions
- And search for “ms-vscode.cpptools” Extension
Open your make file project created via the Projucer in VS Code
Add your JUCE folder path to the ms-vscode.cpptools Settings via the Command Palette:
- Go to Command Palette: View → Command Palette
- Type “C/C++: Edit configurations (UI)” into the Command field
- In the IntelliSense Configurations under include path add your Juce path as a new line: /your/path/to/JUCE/**
- that should create a hidden folder called ./vscode in your project folder which includes the file c_cpp_properties.json. This file includes the settings you did via the command palette.
This should now enable the code completion.
I hope this helps some people. This are some easy steps and maybe not worth to mention but for me it would have been great if I had been able to find those here.