I’m having all kinds of problems trying to get Address Sanitizer to work for my VST3 plugin. Most of the time my plugin won’t even be recognized by the host (Studio One 5 or AudioPluginHost), and I keep getting this error in the output window, even though I have included the specified library in the arguments pane:
==5075==ERROR: Interceptors are not working. This may be because AddressSanitizer is loaded too late (e.g. via dlopen). Please launch the executable with:
"interceptors not installed" && 0### Warning: UCNET:Outgoing socket is in error state!!!
The few times I did manage to get it working, before my plugin window would appear, I’d get a EXC_BAD_ACCESS in “__asan::Allocator::Deallocate”, with nothing but “start” in the call stack before that.
In the VST3 scheme, I have specified the host, and the custom working (VST3) directory, and tried with Debug Executable on or off, and with Launch Automatically or Wait for the executable to be launched, but I can’t seem to get it working once Address Sanitizer is turned on.
I know I’ve used this before (in an earlier OS and Xcode), but I can’t seem to figure out the secret formula for tracking down a heap corruption error I keep getting on the PC. (I had even more trouble trying to use ASan in VS2019, so I thought I’t try on the Mac, where I’m more comfortable.)