Aligned allocation function of type 'void *(std::size_t, std::align_val_t)' is only available on iOS 11 or newer

Hey there,

I just wanted to run my audio plug-in on my iPhone 8.
When running it, Xcode throughs an assertion failure in the juce:AudioProcessor.cpp line:

juce::AudioProcessorEditor* PannerAudioProcessor::createEditor()
{
return new PannerAudioProcessorEditor (*this);
}

There are two error messages:
Aligned allocation function of type 'void *(std::size_t, std::align_val_t)' is only available on iOS 11 or newer
Aligned deallocation function of type 'void (void *, std::align_val_t) noexcept' is only available on iOS 11 or newer

But my iPhone is running on iOS 14.4.2

The output log says the following:

JUCE v6.0.7

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Parameters>

<Settings IP="10.50.24.225" UDP="9001" RoomSizeX="25.0" RoomSizeZ="25.0"/>

<PARAM id="azimut"/>

<PARAM id="circleMode"/>

<PARAM id="oscChannel"/>

<PARAM id="radius"/>

<PARAM id="xValue"/>

<PARAM id="zValue"/>

</Parameters>

JUCE Assertion failure in juce_AudioProcessor.cpp:363

Any guesses what that might be about?

Cheers,
Christian

This may be due to new features added in C++17 which require special support from the C++ runtime. To resolve the issue, you could try increasing the deployment target to at least iOS 11 in the Projucer, or changing the language standard to C++14.

Thanks for the fast reply!
I tried both, without any changes.
But I now realized, that when I stop the app in Xcode after the crash, the app starts up on the iPhone and it seems to work. The app seems to be installed and I can also start it when the phone isn’t connected to the Mac.
Anyway, I can’t get rid of the error when running it on the phone through Xcode.

Ok…
I just updated procucer and this plus selecting the right iOS deployment version inside the projucer solved the issue…
Thanks a lot guys!!