All projects have errors in the producer but build in Xcode

Updated to OS 10.14.4 and Xcode 10.2 and now all my projects show errors in the producer. Even new unaltered projects set up by JUCE. They do build in Xcode.

Attached is a screenshot:

Have I missed something?

0 Likes

Live-build engine doesn't find standard library

Same problem with Xcode 10.2 and MacOS 10.14.4.

1 Like

Unfortunately this is a compatibility issue with the 10.14 SDK, we’re aware of it and fixing it is on our backlog but I’m afraid we can’t give an exact timeline of when it’ll be fixed. If you need to use the Projucer’s live-build engine you can force it to use an older, compatible SDK by downloading an older version of Xcode and moving this to Applications/Xcode and renaming Xcode 10 to something like Applications/Xcode10. Then you can continue to use Xcode 10 for your development and the Projucer will use the older SDK for the live-build engine.

1 Like

OK, this should be fixed in 43f71da. You’ll need to rebuild the Projucer from the develop branch.

0 Likes

Thanks you so much!!! I’m working on a project for school.

0 Likes

Thank You. The develop branch works.

But if I create a Juce Gui Application and add a class which contains #include <iostream>

// Test.h

#pragma once
#include <iostream>

class Test {
public:
    Test()  {
        std::cout << "New Test "  << std::endl ;
    }
};

then I get the error

error: .../Test.h: expected '(' for function-style cast or type construction
error:.../Test.h: no member named '__search' in namespace 'std::__1'

Highlighted line in: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/algorithm

return _VSTD::__search<typename add_lvalue_reference<_BinaryPredicate>::type>
0 Likes

Has JUCE been included before you’ve included <iostream>? ie. is #include "../JuceLibraryCode/JuceHeader.h" somewhere before the #include for the file that you posted?

0 Likes