Announcing JUCE 6

Congratulations, stellar release!

1 Like

@t0m, could you elaborate a bit more on this ?

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Do solo developing people really earn more than the previous 200k/year by just selling their VSTs? If yes, how do you get such a big pool of customers? Where do I start to sell, if I already developed my first innovative VST plugin?

1 Like

Nice I think it might actually be time to get a license sooner than later. Will be cool to see what has been added. Still wanting Android so will see where that is and Tracktion Engine once more in a couple months.

I have a couple Android apps I want to port and see performance differences.

Awesome release JUCEers!

1 Like

The Indie tier is not restricted to single-person organisations. As long as an organisation remains within the finding/revenue limits then it can use multiple Indie license seats.

1 Like

Does this mean compilation of binaries can be fully automated?

Yes. More detail can be found here: Native, built-in CMake Support in JUCE

1 Like

No estimate on the famous Vulkan renderer replacing OpenGL?

4 Likes

Looks like an exciting release. The new DSP modules especially. I am loving the fact that the minimum commitment for subscriptions is now 1 month rather than 12. And props for offering to make things right for subscribers who overpaid due to the long wait between releases.

1 Like

As an aside, support for mobile platforms has been pretty lacking for the last 12+ months - now that Juce 6 is out, is any love going to be given to some of the backlog for iOS?

For example, we asked for this new feature Oct 2018.

Will this ever get looked at? It’s this kind of thing which is making me wary of dropping another $800 on a license.

2 Likes

Awesome, that’s great news!

Is the revenue limit thought to be applied to whole company revenue or revenue from JUCE-based/connected products?

1 Like

Exciting news. Any chance we will be able to pay by PayPal or bank transfer rather than credit/debit card?

The revenue limit is applied to the whole company, as it is for JUCE 5:

What is the situation regarding upgrading if (like me) you are still within the initial 12 months of a JUCE 5 monthly subscription?

I’m afraid there are no immediate plans to support payment via PayPal or bank transfers.

That’s a shame, but thanks for the reply!

There is nothing stopping you from upgrading.

If a customer has only completed a few months of a JUCE 5 subscription, and then cancels a new JUCE 6 subscription after a single month, we might look at asking them to buy-out their remaining JUCE 5 term.

2 Likes

Glad to see the compressor, gate, delay line added. Those are some fundamental classes that I thought have been missing for a long time. I just open sourced my own implementations a few months ago, I’ll see if mine offer anything unique and if not I guess I’ll delete them. Glad to see chorus, I was just about to do that next. Would be nice to see some nicer oscillators, maybe minblep.

If you have purchased a JUCE 5 Perpetual license in the 3 months before the launch of JUCE 6

Is the launch of JUCE 6 today or in June when it’s ready? i.e. if we bought a perpetual license for Juce 5 two months ago, do we qualify for this upgrade price?

4 Likes

This is superdope!

I am big time hyped for Linux VST3! Also, the reduced 1 month commitment for the Indie licence means I’ll probably update to indie!

Great stuff overall! A big thanks to the JUCE team! :heart:

2 Likes