Antares AutoTune 8.1 crashes demo host

Hi
With Fabians great success with IK multimedia, let’s keep rolling:
Antares AutoTune 8.1 Crashes Juce plugin hosts.
Initially reported by end user, I can confirm the issue in the demo plugin host.
It simply crashes during scan.
The plugin can not be run under debugger so a bit hard to figure out.

Here is a link to the plugin:
http://www.antarestech.com/products/detail.php?product=Auto-Tune_8_66
This was reproduced on Windows 10 64, 64bit host, using VST3

I’ll keep posting these compatibility issues, but since there are a few I’ll limit it to products I consider “industry standard” or very popular.

Issue #113 on github:

OK thanks to the folks at Antares we were able to narrow down the problem. It’s still not fixed yet but there is a workaround you can use right now.

The problem only occurs when scanning the plug-ins. It seems that AutoTune doesn’t like to be loaded and then immediately closed again without completely initialising the whole VST3. To workaround the problem simply comment out lines 1031-1055 in juce_VST3PluginFormat.cpp. Replace these lines by

createPluginDescription (desc, file, companyName, name,
                         info, info2, infoW, 2, 2);

This will hard code the number of input/output channels to two so this will probably break other VST3 plug-ins. We’ll work on a better fix and update this post soon.

Great !
Yes the workaround is bound to break other plugs :slight_smile:
I’ll wait for a better fix before sending this to endusers
Thanks for working on this @fabian

Sure… was more thinking that you could put an if statement there to only do that if it is autotune. You already have vendor and effect name to check against.

Hi there,

do we have some news about plugin crash at scan ?

Thanks.

There is nothing we can do about this bug. We are in contact with Antares and they confirmed that it is a bug when AutoTune is loaded and immediately closed again. I suggest changing the scanning code on your own local branch and adding a sleep when scanning AutoTune. Sorry that I don’t have better news on this.

Ok thanks a lot for the fast answer