Anyone have any experience linking the Amazon (AWS) SDK to their project?

I’m basically trying to get the AWS SDK working with my project to do some database shenanigans but keep getting a lot of linking errors. Built it statically with VCPKG, but can’t get the libraries to link properly. This is my first time trying to link a library in the projucer, but I think I just add the includes directory, library directory, and then write in the libraries I need to link correct? (And I did switch the runtime library to static.)

Maybe not the most appropriate place to ask but since It’s a Juce project figured someone else has done something similar at some point.

Just wanted to add that to get things working smoothly, make sure you’ve got the AWS SDK properly integrated into your project. In the projucer, you’ll need to add the includes directory, library directory, and specify the libraries you need to link. Don’t forget to switch the runtime library to static mode too!
If you’re looking for some guidance or tips on tackling this AWS SDK adventure, you might wanna consider checking out CCNP training. Expanding your tech skills can help you troubleshoot and conquer these library shenanigans! Remember, we’ve all been through frustrating tech hurdles, but with persistence and a little help, you’ll get there.

Have you looked at using the REST API instead and using juce::URL? What benefits does the C++ SDK provide?

1 Like

Seem to remember that one of the main benefits was to fill up your disk with 10,000 extra source code files :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what I ended up doing, was probably easier in the long run anyway! But yeah just setting up an API with AWS API gateway, call it with juce::url

1 Like