ARA with Make

Hey all, I am attempting to build my ARA plugin using cmake and the Pamplejuce repo as a template. I am hitting an issue where the generated Xcode project is telling me ‘ARA_Library/Utilities/ARAChannelArrangement.cpp’ is not found. I made sure to grab the version 2.1.0 of the ARA_SDK. This file appears to not exist in the 2.1.0 version of the ARA_SDK, or I don’t know how to call ‘git submodule update --init --recursive’ without ‘updating’ it to the version 2.2.0. Not sure if that is how the update call works on submodules.

Overall quite confused on the minute details here. Did JUCE 7.0.5 change something to now look for the version 2.2.0 of ARA_SDK? What is the Projucer doing when I tell it the folder location of my ARA_SDK?

I had to include juce_audio_plugin_client/juce_audio_plugin_client_ARA.cpp along with my own source code… this doesn’t seem right

Yes:

1 Like

Oh my gosh thank you, I have been so stuck on this!

Would Juce ever include ARA as a submodule? It seems like they were created for this purpose but maybe this would cause dependency pandemonium?

1 Like