AU: compiler error with target 10.4 set (10.5 works)

Hi together,

have an issue with the the latest tip. Get following compiler errors an mac OSX 10.5 with build Target 10.4 set:

error: invalid cast from type ‘juce::HeapBlock’ to Type ‘NSGlyph’ —> in juce_amalgamated.mm

#if SUPPORT_ONLY_10_4_FONTS HeapBlock <NSSize> advances (length); [nsFont getAdvancements: advances forGlyphs: (NSGlyph*) glyphs count: length]; // <<-- COMPILER ERROR

It compiles without any problem with target 10.5. Does someone know what the problem is?

It seems also, that with the newest tip g.drawText(…) on OSX doesnt work as it does on windows. No text visible…

JUCE::Label seems to work… thats wired.

I’ve got invisible fonts too. Try to add g.setFont call before drawText.

I optimised some stuff that was spending a lot of time setting up a default font each time a graphics context was created, so that might be what tripped you up. I’ll fix it (they shouldn’t be invisible), but you should always set a font before drawing, as you don’t know what the default one will be.

Thanks a lot. It works now :slight_smile:

[quote=“patrickkunz”]Hi together,

have an issue with the the latest tip. Get following compiler errors an mac OSX 10.5 with build Target 10.4 set:

error: invalid cast from type ‘juce::HeapBlock’ to Type ‘NSGlyph’ —> in juce_amalgamated.mm

#if SUPPORT_ONLY_10_4_FONTS HeapBlock <NSSize> advances (length); [nsFont getAdvancements: advances forGlyphs: (NSGlyph*) glyphs count: length]; // <<-- COMPILER ERROR

It compiles without any problem with target 10.5. Does someone know what the problem is?[/quote]

I have the same error currently, have you found the solution?

I’ve checked in a fix for that.