Audio Device Issue When Running Program

I’m following the freeCodeCamp.org tutorial on how to build a simple EQ plugin, and I am getting stuck around the 44:08 minute mark (linked earlier). Whenever I run the program using VST3, it only opens AudioPluginHost, and not my Simple EQ plugin. It was working in the previous stage of the video when I simply added the parameters and ran using StandalonePlugin (You can see those changes here), but after adding the stuff regarding blocks, the Simple EQ plugin won’t run unless I use my Macbook Pro speakers instead of my AirPods Pros and switch to StandalonePlugin.

I am also getting this error each time I try to run using VST3:

JUCE v7.0.7

AddInstanceForFactory: No factory registered for id <CFUUID 0x60000023c8c0> F8BB1C28-BAE8-11D6-9C31-00039315CD46

CGSWindowShmemCreateWithPort failed on port 0

CGSWindowShmemCreateWithPort failed on port 0

JUCE v7.0.7

I also made sure to select my MacBook Pro Speakers as the Audio Output in the AudioPluginHost as well as setting them as my audio device in my system settings to no avail. Any help appreciated!

Don’t worry about these, they are noise from the operating system.

As for your main problem, the only suggestion I can come up with is to clean your build folders and try again. I’m sure someone else has more helpful ideas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The change in behaviour is not related to your changes. But when you re-exported the project from Projucer, sometimes it changes the selected exectuable.

In Xcode open the “Edit Scheme…” and select the executable you want, either AudioPluginHost, in which case you will have to add the plugin manually to the APH session (you can save it for next time). Or you select the SimpleEQ.app which is the standalone.

1 Like

I think I figured it out. I just had to double-click on the plugin in AudioPluginHost after running the scheme. Now it opens the plugin within AudioPluginHost automatically. Was actually a very simple problem. I am so new to this :stuck_out_tongue: