Can't open plugins in AudioPluginHost

Hi all. Trying to get debugging set up. I’ve compiled and run the AudioPluginHost, and compiled a default test plugin, but when scanning for new plugins, I get the message “Note that the following files appeared to be plugin files, but failed to load correctly: plugin_name.so”

The plugin loads into Reaper just fine. I’m on Ubuntu 18.04, using v5.4.7 of the Projucer.

I’m not 100% sure, but it looks like this person solved the problem by just downloading a different version of JUCE?

Would that be worth trying?

This person had a similar issue on OSX:

And they fixed it by changing the “OSX Deployment Target”, but I don’t see a corresponding setting for linux builds.

I can’t find the thread where I read this, but someone suggested it could be a 32/64 bit issue, and that compiling the plugins or the AudioPluginHost for a different architecture could solve the issue, but I can compile neither the plugin nor host in 32 bit. Changing the architecture to 32-bit in the projucer, saving the project, and reloading the project into CodeBlocks, and then clicking compile either results in “fatal error: bits/c++config.h: No such file or directory” for the plugin, or for the host, the following errors:

||=== Build: App | Debug in AudioPluginHost (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
ld||cannot find Scrt1.o: No such file or directory|
ld||cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory|
ld||cannot find -lasound|
ld||cannot find -lX11|
ld||cannot find -lXinerama|
ld||cannot find -lXext|
ld||cannot find -lfreetype|
ld||cannot find -lcurl|
ld||cannot find -lrt|
ld||cannot find -ldl|
ld||cannot find -lpthread|
ld||cannot find -lGL|
ld||cannot find -lstdc++|
ld||cannot find -lm|
ld||cannot find -lgcc|
||error: ld returned 1 exit status|
||=== Build failed: 16 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|

Any idea what I should try to get these plugins to load? Thanks very much for any help!

You can try the juce6 preview branch. I think that’s the only one with Linux VST support currently.

I’m using the AudioPluginHost on Ubuntu 20.04 (PopOS), but build with CMake.