Audio muting issue in standalone application when toggling audio enhancements in windows

Hello all!

I am currently developing a standalone application using JUCE for audio processing on Windows. Everything works fine under normal circumstances, but I’ve encountered an issue that has me stumped.

The problem arises when I go into the sound settings on Windows, right-click on the selected input device, and enable or disable the audio enhancements option. Once this is done, the audio input in my JUCE application gets muted. To rectify this, I have to switch the input device and then revert back to my previous selection. This process can be quite cumbersome for end users.

Interestingly, I’ve observed that this issue is not exclusive to my application. It also occurs in the juce AudioPluginHost, demonstrating a consistent behavior across different environments (Tested with JUCE 6.1.4 and 7.0.4).

I would appreciate any insights or suggestions on why this might be happening and how to resolve it. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue or have any recommendations on how to approach this?

Trying to detect any errors from the current audio device used by the juce::AudioDeviceManager like getLastError(), isOpen(), isPlaying() in the changeListenerCallback is not successful.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Image Note: The uploaded image shows audio enhancments for a speaker device, but I have problems with an input device (my windows is german)