BR: AudioPluginHost.exe can not be copied to another folder or it will crash on startup

AudioPluginHost.exe can not be copied to another folder or it will crash on startup. One of the sample synths tries to find singing.ogg in the examples folder, and when it can’t loadNewSample crashes. It should check it’s not getting passed a nullptr

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this! I noticed that the while the Projucer build resulted in a non-relocatable AudioPluginHost.exe the CMake build did not suffer from this problem.

This change will make the Projucer build refer to the absolute path of the examples/Assets directory the same way the CMake build does. So you should be able to move the .exe to another location.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it make more sense to have the ogg file as a binary resource? This fix still won’t allow the .exe to be copied to another computer. Or if you move or delete the source after building it will still crash.

I agree that a fully relocatable solution would be worthwhile. I’ll keep an eye on this.

At least make it not crash, even if it doesn’t load the sample. I don’t really need to use the build in synths, I just want to load my synth quickly for testing.