Brand new...cant seem to get Juce working

Been sitting here for hours trying to figure this juce and VC++ stuff out. The most coding Ive done was Basic in the third grade(many many many years ago).

Ive installed, VC++ Express, Installed PSDK, Pointed to paths in options according to Juce install instructions, and when I click build, it goes through with errors…

------ Build started: Project: jucedemo, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ Compiling... TableDemo.cpp QuickTimeDemo.cpp PathsAndTransformsDemo.cpp OpenGLDemo.cpp C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\intrin.h(1040) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandset' not allowed C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\intrin.h(1040) : see declaration of '_interlockedbittestandset' C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\intrin.h(1041) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandreset' not allowed C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\intrin.h(1041) : see declaration of '_interlockedbittestandreset' InterprocessCommsDemo.cpp FontsAndTextDemo.cpp DragAndDropDemo.cpp AudioDemo.cpp MainDemoWindow.cpp juce_LibrarySource.cpp C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\intrin.h(1040) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandset' not allowed C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\intrin.h(1040) : see declaration of '_interlockedbittestandset' C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\intrin.h(1041) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandreset' not allowed C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\intrin.h(1041) : see declaration of '_interlockedbittestandreset' h:\acode\juce\extras\juce demo\src\../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp(18228) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Movies.h': No such file or directory BinaryData.cpp Build log was saved at "file://h:\acode\juce\extras\juce demo\build\win32_vc8\Release\BuildLog.htm" jucedemo - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I, eventually wish to make a vst plugin to control my soundblaster card, the code for that looks hard enough, but I went this route first figuring that juce would make things easy.

Can someone lend a total noob a hand.
-sigh- :oops:

looks like a conflict in MS’s own headers.

Since it is griping about C linkage, I’m guessing there are two subtly different, but legal overrides of _interlockedbittestandset floating around.

The VC defines in intrin.h define it as:

I can’t find where else it is being defined on my system. Probably because I don’t have the same version of the platform sdk as you.

Are you sure you downloaded the correct PSDK by the way? MS messed around with the definition of the this type late in the life of VS 2005. Looking again at what intrin.h is doing, that seems to be the correct form.

Somewhere else you are linking in an SDK that defines it without the volatile keyword i think.

Okay, i edited the intrin.h header and removed the volitile keyword and no longer got the error, but then I recived 116 other errors…blah

Question, what is the benifit of compiling the juce file?

if you’re using the latest VC++express, you DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE PSDK. it includes all you need with it.

If you’ve downloaded a PSDK, you may well have created some incompatibilities :slight_smile: I’d try uninstalling the PSDK (and maybe reinstalling VC++e).

:lol: :lol:

now he tells me jk

wow, and Ive been having a hell of a time trying to get all kinds of stuff compiled and this may be the issue at hand, well it is nice to know, will do and report back

Hey what ever happened to the audioplugin tuts?

thanks

just a word of advice

don’t ever edit system headers

i did it a couple of times, it’s always a bad idea :slight_smile: really.

well noted :!: