Browser Plugin on Mac: Black Screen

Hi, I’ve just started using JUCE for a cross-platform project, its very promising.

On a fully updated Mac and XCode 3.2.5, the browser plugin demo doesn’t work on this machine. It compiles find in Debug and Release, but in Safari the plugin window is just a black rectangle. All the Javascript buttons work, including the one that generates a popup. The plugin wouldn’t load in Firefox, but I haven’t attempted to figure out why yet.

I have plenty of debugging experience on other platforms/APIs, so could help track down where this comes from. I just want to check if there is anything I should be aware of.

BBuild

AFAICT, when you run Safari in 64-bit mode it uses some kind of sandbox that stops the plugin putting its NSView into the window. If you launch it in 32-bit mode, it’s fine. Not sure if there’s a workaround for this - I certainly can’t think of one - the obvious thing to do is to compile the plugin as a 64-bit binary, but that doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Indeed it works in 32bit mode.

If I start Firefox 4 in 32bit mode, the plugin also works. It just fails to load if Firefox is started in 64bit mode.