NOTE: This only occurs when Logic is run in non-Rosetta mode on M1. Wondering if it is another weird interaction between JUCE and Logic’s new subprocess hosting system in the native version, but the bug is pretty bad…
- Have a JUCE AU plugin with a GUI that can resize and has a TextEditor element (works with any keyboard-focus sensitive element but most egregious with a component that accepts user text)
- Open the JUCE GUI
- Enter text into the TextEditor element, see that it works as expected
- Resize the gui
- Try to enter text in the TextEditor element
- Text is entered into the text editor element as normal
- No text is entered and all keystrokes go straight through to Logic. (So if the user tries to delete text, they have likely just deleted their track)
This will cause any issues in products that have their own preset browser with a text editor if they support resizing, so hoping there is some solution on the JUCE side we can do to work around this issue.
One interesting workaround: it seems that for whatever reason, if your plugin GUI has a WebBrowserComponent, you can focus on that and then refocus on whatever the original component was and focus is restored. Otherwise there is no way to get focus in your plugin again without reinstantiating.