Build errors in current tip with vs2005

On a machine where I only have VS2005 available, I stumbled upon two build errors trying to build the IntroJucer:

I looked briefly into winnt.h and found several typedefs for wide-chars, but I don’t know anything about the differences. LPCWCH exists and sounds similar, but I have no idea clue how to very if this is the right thing to do. I see it is related to Drag&Drop of text/file names, but need some more advice how to fix this (and how to confirm it actually works). I know you don’t have a copy of VS2005 installed so I’ll happily test any changes you would recommend!

The other problem was in Introjucer’s jucer_AppearanceSettings.cpp (line 351) where I once again had to change Button::Listener to ButtonListener (otherwise VS2005 would somehow confuse it with Value::Listener).

Bizarre that the older SDK is missing that definition, but it’s trivial to fix - just replace it with const WCHAR*. I’ll change that when I get a second.

Re: building the introjucer in VS2005: although I’ll keep on making sure that the core library works in VS2005, life’s too short to spend time back-porting every other project as well, so for things like the introjucer you may need a less antique compiler to build them. I don’t think that’ll inconvenience many people nowadays!

Thanks for the advice, and I second your thoughts on vs2005 support - just wanted to let you know about the Introducer issue in case you still want it to be buildable with vs2005 (and right now it’s just that single change, otherwise it builds fine)

Or just make an installer for each platform and put prebuilt IntroJucer binaries up for download…have you considered submitting IntroJucer to the Mac App store?

Or just make an installer for each platform and put prebuilt IntroJucer binaries up for download…have you considered submitting IntroJucer to the Mac App store?[/quote]

I’m definitely going to do more binary stuff with it, and I’m going to give it an auto-updater too soon. Mac store… maybe somewhere down the line, though I doubt whether they’d accept it!