Bypass button in VST3

This topic has been discussed before.

http://www.juce.com/forum/topic/vst3-bypass

However I do not believe that any solution has been implemented. Can someone tell me if there are any plans to fix this issue in the near future? I have implemented a workaround for now but it is not perfect and I would rather use a solution implemented by the vendor for compatibility with future updates.

Also it would be nice to see some kind of tracking system rather than constantly have to search through the forums and code to see if solutions have been implemented.

Thanks!

This is on our road-map along with better support for parameter ranges, info etc. Stay tuned...

Also it would be nice to see some kind of tracking system rather than constantly have to search through the forums and code to see if solutions have been implemented.

+100

Although this is not officially implemented, I have a question concerning the handling of bypass in Cubase/Nuendo. VST3requies the plugin to create a parameter that enables and controls the bypass button. This results in the state of the bypass button getting saved and restored whenever I save/load a preset.

Since the getStateInformation  and setStateInformation methods are used both for session restores and for saving/loading presets, there needs to be a way to tell the difference, to prevent presets from saving and restoring the bypass state while still allowing bypass state to be set correctly during session restores.

Does anyone know of a way to at accomplish this?