Bypass detection?

Is there anyway to find out (or get a trigger) if my plugin is bypass from the DAW side or not?
thanks

I think that the processBlock of your audio processor isn’t called anymore when the plug-in is bypassed. Instead, the DAW calls processBlockBypassed, which you could add in your PluginProcessor class to do whatever you need there.

thanks a lot :heart_eyes:

Just verify that everything is fine before saying victory :wink: I think I have read somewhere that this things isn’t working on Logic for synthesizers / instruments, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some other hosts are doing that too…

yeah u sayed it :smiley:

void ReverbAudioProcessor::processBlockBypassed(AudioSampleBuffer& buffer, MidiBuffer& midiMessages)
{
    DBG("bypassed");
}

didn’t reached in Ableton Live 9 32 Bit :frowning:

When I did some tests regarding this recently I couldn’t find any hosts that called it…

1 Like

Interesting. Did some tests. It seems logic doesn’t properly pass on the bypass state to the AudioUnit. I just built Apple’s own sample code and they all don’t seem to be responding to the bypass button. However, everything works in AULab. Does anybody have some more insight into this problem. Otherwise I’ll file a bug with Apple.

When implementing bypass in our wrappers (we modified the wrappers to our needs some time ago) I also noticed that while generally it is possible to sync the bypass state in AU, RTAS, AAX and VST3 with the host, Logic seems to stop processing when the “On” button is disabled. In this case the wrapper’s process() isn’t even called any more.

Not sure whether Apple considers this as a bug or as the plugin bypass simply not being implemented in Logic.

Did someone find a workaround?

+1

I’d like to know if there’s a workaround for this as well :worried:

I think this is an issue with Logic as confirmed by ckhf.

Hi @chkn ,
Is it possible you’d share your bypass linking logic?
diffs for wrappers would be great.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

you mean @ckhf

1 Like

@chkn good to know also JUCE forum has some IDE warnings and smart auto-fixers :wink:

Has anyone had any luck with this?
I can’t seem to find any functions which are triggered when bypass is set

Dear all,
I am a beginner in JUCE and VST plugin development. Hence kindly please forgive me if my questions are naive and not coherent.

I am trying to use processBlockBypassed in my plugin, it does not work with Plogue Bidule host as well.

Could someone please clarify if you have earlier come across this issue earlier or pointer towards an alternative solution.

Thanks you very much in advance.

Regards
desbha

+1 I would be interested to know if someone find a way to detect the host bypass. When Ableton bypass a vstp processBlockBypassed is not called…

Same issue here on Windows 10 / VST 3 / Reaper 6 and Ableton 10. Both stop calling processBlock but don’t call processBlockBypassed. Any updates on this?