Can't get a an AudioParameterFloat to show in the DAW

Can’t get a parameter to appear on the DAW. I’m following one tutorial, and I’ve created the parameter field in the class as follows:

In the constructor, I’ve added the AddParameter call as follows:

HardcoreLimiter_Processor::HardcoreLimiter_Processor()
#ifndef JucePlugin_PreferredChannelConfigurations
     : AudioProcessor (BusesProperties()
                     #if ! JucePlugin_IsMidiEffect
                      #if ! JucePlugin_IsSynth
                       .withInput  ("Input",  AudioChannelSet::stereo(), true)
                      #endif
                       .withOutput ("Output", AudioChannelSet::stereo(), true)
                     #endif
                       )
#endif
{
    addParameter(threshold = new AudioParameterFloat("threshold", "Threshold", 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.7f));
    auto num = this->getNumParameters();
}

I’ve created the apropriate field in the class header as follows:

private:
    AudioParameterFloat* threshold

I was expecting the parameter to be available for automation in my DAW, but it does not show, so I guess I’m missing something. Tried both Studio One and Samplitude. None of them show the Threshold parameter as available. It’s a VST3 on Windows, just in case it makes sense to tell.

Note: Notice that if I debug the value of “num” when the constructor is executed, it has the value of 1, so the parameter somehow was added, but there’s something in the plugin configuration (I’m using the default JUCE template) that prevents the parameter from showing in the 2 DAWs I’ve tested it against.

Any one can help?

Ok. I’ve seen that the parameter does show when I use the Plugin host application, so I guess there’s something more I need to do with the parameter or the plugin configuration for the DAWs to display the plugin in their automation parameters selection for the plugin.

Is anyone can provide any additional information, I would be very greatful. At least, I know the code was right in the first place.

I feel a bit like I’m talking alone, but I found the problem:

I was not copying the right vst3 document into the apropriate folder (and was testing against an older version of it).

Note to self:
Be sure to be putting the right vst3 document in the right folder in the first place. It is an obvious thing to be doing, but that’s what happens when you’re a newbie…

I presume you’re on Windows as this is the default behaviour on OSX, but you can Enable Plugin Copy Step in the Projucer, and it will auto copy your DLL to your plugin folder after a successful build so you always have the most recent version when you launch your DAW.