Caution/help wanted regarding XCode Version 5.0

It seems that Apple recently pushed out XCode 5.  I foolishly misread the (very spammy) prose that accompanied it and upgraded - had I realized it was a full version number, I'd have held off.

Unfortunately, my main project no longer builds under XCode 5 - it seems that somehow the target architecture has been confused:  for example:

ld: warning: ignoring file ../../../../externals/mac/glog/lib/libglog.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): ../../../../externals/mac/glog/lib/libglog.a

I can probably fix all the libraries I have brought in, but the worst is this error:

ld: warning: ignoring file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime

which refers to a file inside XCode which shouldn't be in the wrong format (no other XCode libraries give this error).

So two things:

1. Learn by my mistake - this upgrade is major - hold off!

2. Any idea of how to revert back to the earlier version?

3. or if anyone has an idea exactly what changed and how to remedy it!  (I should add that I'm bring back the old XCode from my Time Machine backup, but I fear it made a lot of changes in the system when upgrading, the upgrade took a long time, required three authentications and required me to stop iTune(??) while it did it.

As I wait for that to finish restoring, I'm rebuilding my old projects with the new XCode, which has so far fixed the link issues, but many of them are built from the command line and their build lines seem to be correct (i.e. they haven't changed in many moons...)

...and I have NO idea how to fix the QuickTime error when I get to it.

Whew, the downgrade from my backups worked.  Panic avoided.  SO glad I finally finished my upgrade a couple of weeks ago and have huge (5TB) backups again (though what a disappointment upgrading from 10.6 to 10.8 was, I gained no new features, have the same old bugs, and a new bug where my graphics card fan runs continuously...)

Diagnostics: I'm thinking the issue might be a change in the default XCode settings from 32-bit to 64-bit between XCode 4 and XCode 5.  So this might have to result in a change in the XCode code generation in the Introjucer...

Takeaway: if you're a Juce user on a deadline, do NOT upgrade to XCode 5 until this matter is resolved.

Safety measure: if you need to test the upgrade, back up your XCode 4 - restoring it beside your XCode 5 does seem to work.

QuickTime is an easy one, it hasn't be ported to 64bits so it's perfectly normal it doesn't find the right architecture.

This has been the case in XCode 4 as well.

Maybe your default build was 32bits in XCode 4 and no it's 64bits in XCode 5 so you notice those now.