CMAKE iOS: Entry point (_NSExtensionMain) undefined. for architecture x86_64

I’m almost there and CMake generates the iOS project. I have one issue when generating a XCode project with Cmake and trying to build a Standalone:

Showing All Errors Only
Entry point (_NSExtensionMain) undefined. for architecture x86_64

Any idea what i’m missing?

This is related to AUv3 on iOS, and it says architecture x86_64.
Trying to build for the simulator ?

If yes, then the issue is this

Unfortunately no answer yet from the juce team

1 Like

Exactly. l choose a simulator target in the generated xCode project and this happens. Can i switch that somehow in xcode?

The issue lies in the way juce cmake link to framework. You can change all the linker settings to remove the -L that define the framework location but it’s easier to fix in juce cmake itself.

1 Like

The patch seems to work and the error changed. Now i get:

> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>   "createPluginFilterOfType(juce::AudioProcessor::WrapperType)", referenced from:
>       TalStandalonePluginHolder::createPlugin() in libbla
> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I have added my StandaloneFilterApp.cpp that contains the entry point (START_JUCE_APPLICATION(StandaloneFilterApp)) to the sources. Not sure why it does not find the entry point.

Edit: Finally was able to fix this last error. It was because of some JUCE framework changes. It was a few months ago since i compiled the iOS version.
So, the patch works for iOS.

You can bump the thread so the patch gets included :slight_smile:

Dumb question… how can i do that?

just put a message saying that you are interested in seing that fixed as well :slight_smile:

Just thought there is a cool forum feature that allows us to upvote a thread with a button :slight_smile:

If it’s a feature request AFAIK.
This is a bug fix :slight_smile:

1 Like