Compile AAX Library on Visual Studio 2017

I know this is a known issue but I can’t find any good comprehensive forum posts (even on the Avid Pro Audio forum) regarding this.

It looks like Avid only supplies VS files up to the 2013 version. I’m going to try loading the solution in VS 2017 & change some of the settings around to get the C runtime libs and such matching.

Anybody have any advice or resources to tested VS 2015/2017 solutions? In the meantime I’ll report back here.

AAX plugin category

I got my AAX version working about a month or two ago using VS2015. Using 2015 with the 2013 was the least of the issues as I recall.

It looks like Avid is aware of the issue but I don’t know if they’re acting on it.

I’m just going to stick to 2013 for now until the rest of my code absolutely requires the upgrade.

Can JUCE5 compile by vs2010 or vs2005?

I am currently trying to resolve this same problem.

Did you build everything in VS 2013 (AAXLib and your plugin’s entire solution)?

My project is built with the v141_xp platform toolset and as much as I can see the AAXLibrary can’t be built with anything higher than v120…

Building AAXLibrary without treating warnings as errors succeeds with v141_xp and I am able to run the plugin within the development Pro Tools.

Has anyone released a plugin with AAXLib built with platform tools higher than v120 by turning the “Treat Warnings as Errors” option off?

Good question. When I test plug-ins for JUCE, I always do what you do (i.e. disable “treat warning as errors”) and it seems to work. But I haven’t released any AAX plug-ins.

I’ve build the AAX library with VS2015, deactivated the warning setting and even changed the runtime library to match my project’s setting and it worked without bigger problems.

I’ve build the AAX library with VS2015, deactivated the warning setting and even changed the runtime library to match my project’s setting and it worked without bigger problems.

Ditto here.
AAX Library compiles after little modifying of solution under VS2015.
Plug-ins works and tested under Pro Tools 10 - 12.x.
We’ve yet to jump into JUCE5 but I don’t expect it to be an issue.

Same here, except we’ve been using VS2017. We have 1 VS2017 audio plug-in product that’s been on the market for a couple of months so far and no issues yet.

We’ve released eight AAX plugins built with VSE2017 (both plugin and AAX lib) and JUCE 5, and have zero problems to report.