ComponentBoundsConstrainer - Drag within a fixed area

I am attempting to drag a component within a fixed area, but I am not having any joy in doing so. I figure I must be doing something obviously wrong, but am new to C++ and Juce.. .

My component is drawn, and the required limits are within an area of the main component, so can't use the setMinimumOnscreenAmounts, so am attempting to use checkBounds. In my component I have a constrainer,  as such:

ComponentBoundsConstrainer constrainer;

In my main component I calculate the Rectangle<int> limits to restrict the area in which the component may move, which is provided to the component. In my components mouseDrag I attempt to use the constrainer.checkBounds to limit where it can be dragged to.

void myComponent::mouseDrag (const MouseEvent& e)
{

Rectangle<int> bounds(0, 0, 100, 100);
    Rectangle<int> previousBounds(getX(), getY(), getWidth(), getHeight());
    constrainer.checkBounds(bounds, previousBounds, limits, false, false, false, false);
}

But this appears to have no effect... I'm obviously doing something wrong, so, um, what part am I missing?

Well, you're missing the part where you actually do something with the rectangle that you've created!

(But regardless of that, the code you wrote doesn't appear to make much sense anyway)

Skinned the cat a different way thats much more suitable for my requirements.

BTW the ComponentDragger class might be useful.