Creating new plugin - standalone plugin host throws assertion on launch

Sorry, this is probably an easy one but I can’t figure it out…
I just created a new plugin using the Projucer and I wanted to start fresh using the “Standalone Plugin” target.

I’m getting an assertion in AudioProcessor::getPlayConfigDetails.

// the processor may not support this arrangement at all
jassert (success && newNumIns == getTotalNumInputChannels() && newNumOuts == getTotalNumOutputChannels());

newNumIns is set to 1. This seems to come directly from the audio device (using a new 2018 MBP). getTotalNumInputChannels() returns 2.

My audio processor’s constructor looks like this:

TestAudioProcessor::TestAudioProcessor() :
AudioProcessor({{1,1}, {2,2}, {1,2}})
{}

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?
The plugin builds fine and loads in Reaper as VST 3.

Looks like this is a bug from a recent change that I made. I’ll push a fix shortly.

Thanks ed, much appreciated!

Hi, I’m now running across this same issue. Testing with brand new plugin using the Projucer and used the “Standalone Plugin” target in XCode

Same assertion in AudioProcessor::setPlayConfigDetails.

// the processor may not support this arrangement at all
jassert (success && newNumIns == getTotalNumInputChannels() && newNumOuts == getTotalNumOutputChannels());

Oddly, setting the plugin to be a synthesizer (Projucer > project setting > plugin charactaristics > plugin is a synth) resolves this issue.

I still hit this each time I create a new plugin from scratch using the Projucer…

Are you using an audio device which doesn’t have stereo in and stereo out? The default config for the autogenerated plug-in project supports a stereo input and stereo output bus:

TestAudioProcessor::TestAudioProcessor()
#ifndef JucePlugin_PreferredChannelConfigurations
     : AudioProcessor (BusesProperties()
                     #if ! JucePlugin_IsMidiEffect
                      #if ! JucePlugin_IsSynth
                       .withInput  ("Input",  AudioChannelSet::stereo(), true)
                      #endif
                       .withOutput ("Output", AudioChannelSet::stereo(), true)
                     #endif
                       )
#endif
{
}

Thanks Ed. My inputs are mono :roll_eyes: All good now. Please return to whatever it was your were doing before my ridiculous post :rofl: