I’m planning to write an iPhone app and I would like to know how well JUCE works on the iPhone. I don’t have an iPhone right now (and even never used one), and I would only buy one if it was for developing.
- Are there some specifical challenges or does it all work “out of the box”?
- Is drawing fast or does it consume a lot of CPU as with JUCE on my iBook G4? In my case I would draw waveforms that would take as much as 50% of the screen and should have a pretty high update rate (>20Hz). So, probably a lot of calls to Graphics::drawVerticalLine().
- How much RAM has the iPhone?
- If I want to decode MP3’s or other audio formats, is this easily possible on the iPhone (like with the QTReader class?) ?
- I suppose one uses XCode with some special SDK, I’ve read somewhere there’s an iPhone emulator, so I guess it’s all coded on the Mac and then in the end transferred to the iPhone itself?
- Speaking of audio, is the iPhone also using CoreAudio and what is the typical latency?
Sorry for all these beginner-level questions, but it’s good to have a solid overview before I start developing on this new territory