Exporting VST in Visual Studio 2019 with Cmake/JUCE

I have a question about exporting to VST3 format in a plug-in I am developing based on JUCE.

We are using VisualStudio 2019 on Windows as IDE and have a plug-in that we developed by connecting JUCE modules and VST SDK to it. I also use Cmake for the build. I want to build it in VST format and have it recognized by the DAW, but no matter how many times I try, the exported VSTs are not recognized by the DAW.

The languages used are simple C++ and JUCE, and I have not done anything special with the GUI. I am looking for possible causes in this case and would appreciate any advice from the experts.

As for my skills, I am in a situation where I have only been learning programming languages for 6 months, and the plugin I currently want to build is based on a file I inherited from a previous programmer, and I have only written one part of the code myself. I may have to rethink from the environment construction, but I would appreciate it if you could give me any notes or special instructions on this point as well.

Thank you in advance.

Apologies, but I’m unclear about your goal. For assistance, please detail the specific steps you’ve taken, as it’s impossible to know your actions otherwise. The Steinberg SDK isn’t necessary unless you require a VST2 plugin. Typically, only a VST3 plugin is needed, which should be achievable solely with JUCE.