Fatal error C1189: #error: "If you're building the audio plugin host, you probably want to enable VST and/or AU support"

Hi All, I have been experiencing a build error that I cannot figure out or find a solution for in the forum, so here I am.
Im getting the following error when I try to compile the AudioPluginHost_App:

…\Source\HostStartup.cpp(32): fatal error C1189: #error: “If you’re building the audio plugin host, you probably want to enable VST and/or AU support”

I have just freshly installed the latest VST3 SDK and the latest Juce SDK as of today 17/07/2018 and running on win10, also I have no problem with building any of the rest of the extras that are included.
It seems to me that Im missing an option in the jucer somewhere to enable that VST support but I cant seems to find where that is located in the latest proJucer. It is different to all the pictures I found that this option appears.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to continue with the learning of the tutorials that are provided :slight_smile:

Look in Modules->juce_audio_processors. However, obviously the plugin hosting supports should already be enabled in the Audio Plugin Host Projucer project, so I am not sure what might have happened for you.

1 Like

@Xenakios thanks, that solved it! Have been looking for that option all day…