Fl Studio window scaling problem

gui

I have encountered a bug with FL studio 20.1.1 where when the main gui scaling in the general tab of the fl settings is set to something other than 100% a juce plugin built as vst3 doesnt load properly. https://imgur.com/a/cjswfYG in this image on the left is the vst2 version of the default projucer audio plugin, which loads and scales properly but on the right is the vst3 version which has an overhang border, with dimensions 1.25x the dimensions of the juce gui area. This seems to be because i have the main gui scaling in fl set to 125%, and when i set it to 100% i no longer get this problem.

I have tried playing with setScaleFactor but that just scales everything including the extra 25% of black space by the scale factor you set.

I built these with juce 5.4.2 on windows with VS2017, and im using FL studio producer edition v20.1.1. This bug appears in both 32 and 64 bit FL studio for me.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and im sorry if this is a repost, I couldnt find any threads on this elsewhere