Forum problems 9am to past 10am or so, US Pacific time

Jules, for the last couple of weeks, the forum fails to load in the mornings here quite often. I get a page like this:

[code]Warning: mysql_connect(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/tmp/mysql.sock’ (2) in /home/jules/public_html/juceforum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/jules/public_html/juceforum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/jules/public_html/juceforum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database[/code]

In case no-one else has reported it.

Bruce

(Edited post title, to avoid endless NSA traffic clogging up the forum ; )

I confirm! Had the same thing, or the forum is extremely slow.

Yes, this has been happening every day recently, and has been really annoying. I can’t tell whether it’s because a lot of people in the USA are arriving at work and checking the forum, or perhaps at that time of day some search bots are crawling the site, but it’s getting on my nerves.

Not sure what I can do about it though - the mysql server comes with my web host, and is beyond my control - I guess they’ve got a limit on the number of connections.

I’m surprised that phpBB doesn’t fail more elegantly though… I should probably get the latest version and see if they’ve improved it.