Help creating an OSX 10.9 compatible AU

Hi all,

I have a plugin that runs as an AU and as a stand-alone app. I’m using Xcode 9.0.1 (the latest) on OSX 10.13.2 High Sierra. However, I want to make an AU that can load in OSX 10.9 and up.

In Xcode, for the stand-alone app, I set the “macOS Deployment Target” to “macOS 10.9” and the resulting executable runs perfectly on OSX 10.9.

For the AU project, I’ve also set the macOS Deployment Target to macOS 10.9, for both the AU target and the Shared target. In addition, I’ve set “Compatibility Version” to “10.9” under Release, just in case. However, when I try to load the plug-in in Logic on OSX 10.9 we get this error:

ERROR: [0x7fff7149c310] >compload> AudioComponentPluginLoader.cpp:678: ResolveFactoryFunction: CFBundle 0x7fdce1c976c0 </Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Synth.component> (bundle, not loaded): cannot load bundle: The bundle “Synth” couldn’t be loaded.

I’ve searched for help with this (someone suggested adding the Compatibility Version text) but I’m not finding the answer. Any advice on how to fix this? The plug-in loads perfectly fine in OSX 10.13.

Thanks!
Dan

Are you building an AUv3? They are only compatible with 10.11+

No, just a regular AU component.

Thanks,
Dan

Not sure why is that and if that’s your case, but I had the same issue when the projucer “c++ Language Option” was set to “Use latest”. Changing it to “c++14” fixed it.