How to get plugins to run in GarageBand as Intel or Rosetta?

We’re trying to see if we can get our plugins to work in GarageBand. They mostly work if using Native on M1 machines, but on both Intel machines and when using Rosetta two errors pop up saying that some temporary file that GarageBand created could not be opened, and after that GarageBand crashes.

Doesn’t happen in Native mode on M1s, but our plugins won’t run in GarageBand (10) as Intel/Rosetta. Anyone know how to get it to work? We’re required to use the Target 10.14 or later for some 3rd-party stuff, so someone’s suggestion that setting it to 10.13 solved a similar crash won’t fly.

I’m wondering if there is something our installer can do or flags we can set that handle this scenario? Maybe something to do with sandboxing or entitlements?

I too can use ChatGPT to generate low quality “answers” and pollute the forum with bullshit, but I’m curious what is your end game? Why are you doing this? What purpose does it solve? It must benefit you somehow, because it sure as shit doesn’t benefit anyone else.

5 Likes