Increasing cello_wave size in juce_demo makes compiler error

i am newbie to juce and tried to mess around with the demo.
i wanted to test the sampler with a own wav file, that i converted with the binarybuilder. i replaced the cello_wav content with my own wav file (that is bigger than the cello_wav) , reset the size accordingly to the output of binarybuilder.
i get a “heap is not enough” compiler error.
i looked in the code of the demo where a Memory Block for the binary data is initialized, but found no place of such initialization to increase the memory block for the bigger binary data.

my question:
is there a way to increase the memory for the binary data (an code snippet would be very helpful)

best regards,

bernhard

Well as you can see from the demo code, there’s nothing hard-coded - it just picks up the size from the binary data. So either you’re using such a huge file that it’s genuinely too big for your memory, or you’ve corrupted the binary data somehow and it’s got a strange size.

Surely it’s easy to debug this by just stopping in the demo code and seeing what size it’s actually using when it tries to load the file?

i can not debug the code, since it does not compile…
(the wave file is not read during runtime, it is built in the binary data)

//const int cello_wavSize = 46348; //old size
const int cello_wavSize = 1236516;//new size

this size should work well with 700 mb of memory?

before trying to inserting my wav content into the binary data file of the demo, i added 2 separate data files (mywav.cpp and mywav.h) to the demo, and had the same error, so i did not corrupted the binary data file.

regards,

bernhard

oh, it’s a compiler error - sorry, I didn’t read that bit. Well not much you can do about that, except to use a different compiler! Just load it as a real file instead of embedding it.

i will not give up so fast, because i want to make a sampler with embedded files.
i tried a different compiler, i installed dev-c++ (latest release 4.9.9.2)
i installed Microsoft platform SDK and added the include path as last entry to my include path.

when i try to compile juce, i get the following error:

C:\juce\juce_1_41\juce\build\win32\devcpp\Makefile.win [Build Error] […/…/…/bin/intermediate_devcpp/juce_KeyMappingEditorComponent.o] Error 1

regards,

bernhard