Intel Compiler x MS Studio 2017 Compiler

I wonder if the Intel compiler is still good on speeding the compiled code. I finally got Visual Studio 2017 Professional and decided to give it a go. I was using Express 2013 for years. First tests, CPU usage on Wusik EVE V5, on a test preset. 70%. Compiled with Visual Studio using all options I could find. Still around 70%. Installed the Intel 2019 compiler free version (seems to be the same as the paid version), still 70%. So I wonder if I should bother. OR, if I’m doing something wrong (most likely). I did turn the compiler on, I see it is using the intel compiler as some messages are different, and I did turn all optimizations I could find and added extra SSE optimizations too. No changes… Maybe I’m just tired and don’t see the problem, as I had to install everything TWICE in order to make it work… aghh…

Anyway, just wondering about this. Would appreciate any tips and hints.

Best Regards, WilliamK
www.Wusik.com

I tried using Express quite a few years ago, and was horrified at how slow the compiled code was, in RELEASE! The latest ‘community’ version appears to be just as good as the pro version from what I gather from other people. I don’t know anything about a separate Intel compiler, sorry.
BTW - Setting ‘Relax IEEE Compliance’ in Projucer enables /fp:fast in the compiler. ie. SSE enabled.

Thanks Dave. I will check this out right now.

Cheers, WilliamK

Wait a minute… I just found out that it is not compiling with the Intel compiler. I have selected it, it shows as been used, but the resulting file is the same exact size as the previous one. What gives? Anyone managed to use it yet? :-o

Thanks!