Introjucer feedback

I'd very much like to see support for .xconfig and .vsprops files - this might be one way to address much of the overwriting-customizations-on-save issues.

I almost shed a tear: so I am not the only one using those...

Unfortunately, it always seemd overkill to me that the Introjucer reinvents the wheel and writes whole projects for Visual Studio and Xcode instead of "humbly" saving its settings to equivalent .xcconfig or .vsprops (.props since VS2010 or 2012, can't remember).

I have mentioned the .xcconfig / .vsprops / .props thing (together with some other feedback of mine regarding IJ) here:

http://www.juce.com/forum/topic/introjucer-criticism

1 Like

too much - and probably all been said already by others. 

Dislikes: 

F.R.  -    Please add visual feedback in the IntroJucer when dragging-creating a TableListbox and then editing GUI fashion its control attributes ( column number etc ). Currently we cannot do this in the same manner as a button or slider etc..  There is basically no support to make handling and creating TableListBox or Listbox  components in the Introjucer GUI editor.

Noted, thank you! :)

The main issue with it for me is the overwriting of locally copied modules every time you save. The whole point of copying locally is to keep project-specific modifications to the core code separate right? 

Agreed! We'll definitely do this, we've just got to a) think of the right way to fix it and b) fit it in amongst the 1000 other things we have to do.

Some of my time has already gone towards fixing some of the simpler issues we'd spotted / had reported, keep an eye on the tip (3 went in today) :)