iOS: storyboard for the launch screen

Just looked up SOUL… LOL Yeah focus on that. I can live with this iOS/Mac switching issue :wink:

I’ve just pushed commit 2fd7c58 so if you rebuild the Projucer from the develop branch you can now specify a path to your .storyboard file relative to the project folder and it’ll be added as an Xcode resource. This means that you no longer need to add the file to the project source and it can be added only for the iOS build.

So for a folder structure like this:

Your .jucer project should look like this:

2 Likes

@ed95 I use the “Custom Xcassets Folder” Setting in Projucer and would like to use a “Custom Launch Storyboard”, too. Why does the first setting block the second? In my project, I used both beforehand and now wanted to make it easier with the Projucer.
Wouldn’t it be possible to allow both? I know, that I “override” the Images.xcassets/LaunchImage settings with a storyboard. That’s fine - but I need the other assets defined there, too.

The idea was that for projects which specify a custom xcassets folder we didn’t want to add a default blank launch storyboard as this would overwrite the custom launch images. I suppose if you’ve specified both, then we should add both though. I’ll make that change.

@ed95 That would be great! Thank you.
Another question: Is it possible to fill the XCode project setting “General/App Icons and Launch Images/Launch Screen File” with my storyboard automatically by Projucer? If not, I have to add it there by hand every time I save the Projucer file.

The “Launch Screen File” plist setting will be set by the Projucer, is this what you mean?

Yes, that’s what I mean. I tested it by commenting out Line 1915 in jucer_ProjectExport_Xcode.h and my custom storyboard was copied to the Resources Folder in XCode, but the “Launch Screen File” stting was not filled, yet.

You’ll need to do a bit more than that I’m afraid. I’ve pushed the change and it should be on the develop branch shortly for you to try out.

:grinning:

1 Like

@ed95 Works great, thank you!

1 Like

Just a quick note with many thanks - the iOSFolder workflow works a treat! :smiley: