I developed a few Audio Units plugins and now I would want to wrap them into a standalone app. I wonder if Tracktion Engine / JUCE could simplify some things for me. Basically I need the following from the app:
- Cross-platform: Mac and Windows
- Custom GUI (use custom art, not OS built-in controls)
- Support stereo/mono audio
- Playback, pause, move playhead
- Simple waveform display with playhead
- Import and export audio clip (support multiple codecs, through plugins may be)
- Both real-time and non-realtime processing (pre-render?)
- Start/stop/pause the final render
- Apply Audio Units of course, I can wrap the actual processing codes into the native Tracktion Engine plugins.
- Some of Audio Units require data pre-roll (latency in AU terms)
Distant road-map (may never happen):
- multi-track support
- editing features
- import audio tracks from video clips (may be through plugins)
I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if anything from the list is impossible/hard to implement with the framework. Won’t the framework be an obstacle for implementing some of the features?
And what is better to use Tracktion Engine or JUCE?